Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tuesday Created byhand Tyvek Challenge

At last! Here is my Tyvek challenge. Don't ask why it took so long....
For this 4x4, I wet a piece of Tyvek with water, then dropped Magic Color Acrylic Ink (Golden Sand, Earth Brown and Magenta) onto the surface and moved it around with a brush. You can blot some of it up with a paper towel and add more if you don't like it. I let it dry and added some more colour as there wasn't enough "drama" in the background and the fibers in the tyvek weren't showing.

I stamped a wing onto Tyvek with StazOn Ink, coloured the wing with Tattered Rose Stamp pad and allowed it to dry. I held the wing with tweezers and used my Heat Gun to melt the wing slightly till it curled. The angel can be found in my December 2007 byhand Newsletter as a free collage image.

I stamped the Flourish (smaller) onto the Tyvek with Brilliance Coffee Bean as a base for the collage image and stamped more Flourishes as a border using Brilliance Cosmic Copper.

The collage image and wing are glued to the background Tyvek with Aleene's Tacky Glue and the piece is double-sided taped onto a Black Cardstock 4x4 card. Three star brads were added.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog and want to use the flouishes fomr quitefire as backgrounds in my blog. can you send me somewhere ato find out how?

    ReplyDelete